Tuesday, March 17, 2015

CRAFTS - Melted Crayon Art

 MELTED CRAYON ART

I am in love with this art project and I plan on making many more! This is a reasonable cheap project and very easy. I'm sure most of you have seen some kind of this melting art on Pinterest, but I wanted to do things just slightly different. 

SUPPLIES:
ONE Canvas any size
Crayons (amount depends on canvas size)
masking tape
template 
hair dryer 
foil

To Begin:
To begin print of the template you want.


Then cut it out...


The next part I will admit is the hardest part. I couldn't get pictures of it in detail. Using tape (I used masking tape because it peels off the canvas easily) and your template, place the tape in the shape of your template. 

To do this I placed my template over the tape in sections, traced it onto the tape and cut it out.
It should look like this, but with whatever template you are using.


For this the crayons need to be taped above the canvas NOT on it. I taped the crayons to a piece of thick cardboard and then taped that cardboard to the back of the canvas.
Place your canvas onto foil or parchment paper so that when the crayon melts it doesn't get onto any of your things.

Take your hair dryer on the HOTTEST setting and LOWEST speed and aim at the center of the crayons. 


Make sure you keep the hair dryer parallel to the crayon because if you point it anywhere else it can cause the crayon to splatter in directions you don't want it to go.  You can also use this to move crayon where you want it to go, but be careful it's very hard to control. 

Make sure you don't make it too think in any spot or later it will be difficult to remove the tape without cracking.


The crayon dries almost instantly. If you have a spot the clots up on the canvas hold the hair dryer to it about 2 inches away and it will remelt.


Carefully peel off the tape you laid down. Don't wait for the crayon to completely dry, its best for it to be warm for this part. 


FINISHED PRODUCT!

Hope you enjoyed this one and everyone tries it! Let me know if you have any questions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment