Thursday, February 26, 2015

CRAFTS - Basic Wood Burnings

If you have read my more recent post about geocaching then this post will make sense, if not click here to read about geocaching. 

A lot of caches have trinkets in them. You take one out and then replace it with something.
I thought it would be neat to make designs on wood with my woodburner.
On the back it has my geocache.com username and that name is also used for my Facebook community.

Here is my wood art (simple but effective): 





The awesome thing about these is I want to track them and see how far they travel. If people find one they can get to the Facebook page by searching my username on the back of the wood. From there they can post a photo of the trinket they found and post it on the page along with the city, state they found it in. 

It's a great way to see how far the trinkets in the caches really travel. 
I just started doing this so I still need to get out there and find some caches to put them in. I am very excited about this. Keep your eye out, most of them will be in Oregon.... to start! 

To visit the  Facebook site visit: https://www.facebook.com/anorman0908

No comments:

Post a Comment