Saturday, March 29, 2014

MOTHERHOOD - Baking with My Daughter

CUPCAKE DECORATIONS!

Me and Isabelle were shopping at Bi-Mart and I told her she could get something (other than a doll). I was so proud of her when she picked something fun we could do together!

She found this cute cupcake decorating kit that uses fondant to make cute figures for the cupcakes. So of course we then had to buy cupcake mix! Silly me I forgot frosting because the instructions don't call for it, but my mom uses fondant for every cake and I know frosting is needed to hold it to the cake. So when we got home I just made frosting from scratch (super easy only took about 5 min).

Here is the kit.

Isabelle had so much fun making the fondant into things for the cupcakes.




Here is the end product of our bake day. There are instructions for more complex creations, but we kept it simple I wanted her to do most of the creating 

I did attempt making a little penguin and I think he turned out cute! The little table they are sitting on came with the kit. 

Isabelle decided it was the purple Furbys birthday and we had a little party for her when we were done baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment