Sunday, February 8, 2015

CRAFTS - Vday Cards for the Classroom

It's that time of year again for the Valentine's Day class "cards". 

Now typically I have three different cards to share, but this year I only have two.
What I like about both of these is that they are very simple and not time consuming. 
As a mother of three I understand that you don't want to spend hours and hours on these cards, I know I especially don't want to spend this time when you know the kids are just interested in the candy, am I right?

These crafts are cute and easy!

BUTTERFLY CARDS

Take a regular piece of white paper and fold it in half. 
Cut out a half of a butterfly like shown, so that when you open it you have a symmetrical butterfly. 
Use the white piece of paper butterfly as your template.



Next use whatever color paper you want for your butterflies.
Fold that paper in half and place the white template one over it and cut around it.



Decorate the butterfly.... or  not your choice. 
We also used paper with a pattern print already on it.
Lastly place a smartie in the center (I used three dots of hot glue to keep in place).





Yay for butterflies!!!!!!


CANDY AIRPLANES

This was SO easy! All you need is:
1.) ONE Smartie
2.) TWO Lifesavers
3.) ONE piece of the long wrapped gum
4.)  Some way to connect them all I used very small white rubber bands.





Sorry I don't have a great way to explain how to attach them all.
I sort of just guessed and had to experiment on this. 
Use whatever you have laying around.



NOTE: The airplane will have a tag on the back saying Happy Love Day with the kids names on it. (Picture to come)




All in all I only had to buy ONE bag of Smarties, ONE bag of Lifesavers and ONE pack of a three pack of gum. All of it only cost less that $8 and it covered both kids classrooms! Cheapest I've out together in a long time. Cheaper than buying the box cards and a chocolates or lollipops to go with it. 

I'm telling ya this is the way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment