Thursday, October 3, 2013

MOTHERHOOD - Tough Mommy Decisions

So after struggling to get through to my seven-year-old son and now day two of struggles at school I have decided to go see a doctor. After talking to my mom and a few other family members we agreed that Preston has problems with short term memory especially if it auditory. He seems to be very visual which is fine, I am too and well most people are, but it's to the point that he can't even remember what someone just says to him.

I have noticed that any time I say something to him he completely forgets within literally seconds. Now he is acting up at school and that's just not okay. I have no idea if they are related or not. I do know my short term memory is pretty bad too, but definitely not as severe as his. I don't even know what kind of doctor to see so I schedule an appointment with his regular pediatrician to refer me to the correct place. 

My next problem will be with diagnosis. If he does have some kind of problem I am against medicating kids so at least I will know what he is and the best ways to deal with it, but I wont put my kid on meds. On the other end if he isn't diagnosed with anything then well I will be in a sort of limbo not really sure what I should do. 

I know he is a boy, he is seven, and he is rambunctious but when his schoolwork is being affected and the problems at home only get worse I feel I have to do something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment